The long awaited cauliflower crust pizza recipe is now here!
The response to my picture on Instagram and Facebook was awesome so I thought, why not share the recipe.
I am quite sure you’ve been eating beautifully clean ALL week and you’re ready to indulge in something good, so this may be something great to try out this weekend.
I truly believe in having balance and I’m sure you’re ready to sink your teeth into something yummy BUT won’t throw you over the top.
Well, good news for you!
Here is a pizza recipe that I absolutely LOVE and the crust is made out of…you guessed it…CAULIFLOWER! I have found cauliflower to be one of those veggies that you can do absolutely anything with and it tastes SO good. I’ve made cauliflower stir fry “rice” in which the cauliflower was my rice. I’ve made mashed cauliflower (instead of using potatoes) and a few other recipes.
This cauliflower crust recipe was posted on Facebook and I had to snatch it up. For toppings, you can use what ever you want but remember, the cleaner the better. I use Trader Joes Fat Free Pizza Sauce, low fat mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni and fresh basil.
Who would have known that cauliflower could taste so good!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- Nonstick spray
- One pack of cauliflower in the microwavable steamer packs
**1 steamer pack per crust – that’s what I used**
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
*I use the fresh block of parmesan cheese and grate it myself
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
For your toppings you can be as creative as you want. I used the below.
- 1/4 cup Trader Joes Fat Free Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half *optional
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Steam one bag of cauliflower, cool and break a part with a fork.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper into cauliflower.
- Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella and your remaining toppings.
- Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.